Saturday, December 17, 2011

Eleventh Hour Save

Good Afternoon My Dears,

This just in...Eleventh hour save appears to keep me in Scotland.   I have gotten a temp to perm job at Cheque Centre, a short term loans company, as an Accounts Payable Assistant.  This job is scheduled to go perm come February and starts on Monday.  That means that I had to change my ticket to come back.  And re-rent my apartment.  And reinstate my cable. And all the stuff I canceled.  I also have to get my kitchen stuff back, or at least some of it, so's I can feed my face.

The reason that the job isn't perm already, is a budget issue and the company is still working out their 2012 salary budget.  So from now till the New Year I am being paid by a temp agency. In January, I go on Cheque Centre's payroll.  Then, if I do not screw it up, I go perm in February.  Now, you may all be thinking, "Screw Up?  You ought to think more of yourself!!"  I do, my dears, I do.  But I also have my track record in Scotland to go by.  And we all know that it has not been of the best.  However,  I will do mine.

For those of you wondering when you will see me, I am either going to come back for good on February 1, if the job doesn't go well, or if it does, I will come for a 10 day holiday.  I am happy, my dears, the thought of leaving Scotland has been heartbreaking.  I get to keep leading my writer's group. Speaking of, the group has published an anthology called A Spoonful of Stories, in which I have a poem.  Edinburgh is a very literary town and it has certainly gotten my creative juices flowing.  I am also planning on doing more dancing.  All of the above, of course is predicated on moving out of Gilmerton and closer into town.

So, in sum, I am happy but very busy.  Also, I do not think my mama is very happy with me but I think I need to start thinking about myself.  And as my mama loves me, eventually, she will come round.

Right, that's all she wrote folks.

Next Up: Work begins and a Christmas coma.

Cheerio for now,

Tina

1 comment: