Monday, January 2, 2012

Chinese Christmas and a Hogmanay Hootenanny

Happy New Year My Dears,

Edinburgh's weather of late as been quite mild. Christmas Day was warmish, and by that I mean in the 50's.  I think that is the best one can expect for Scotland in the depths of Winter.  Work is going relatively well, though it has mostly been filing.  Even I can't mess that up.  On Friday, I was to reconcile some supplier statements.  It worked for a while and then it didn't.  I think I am going to ask for help.

Christmas Day was spent being a Jewish kid with my friend Steve, of bookstore fame.  We wandered through a very quiet, pleasantly warm Edinburgh.  Then went to have very overpriced Chinese food.  Which, from what I hear, is very traditional in the Canadian Jewish community.  Probably in the US as well, as Canada is the 51st state.  New Year's Eve was spent working the Castle view Hogmanay.  The bookstore put in windows that have the best view of Edinburgh Castle. I watched the fireworks from the bookstore bathroom as that is where the best view is.  That's right people, I spent New Year's in the loo and I wasn't even drunk.  I was drinking mulled wine at the time, however, so that was alright.

Yesterday, we spent the first part of the day wandering the Edinburgh New Year's day market.  Then we cleaned the shop up from the Hogmanay excesses.  That took a good couple of hours but, I swear, you could probably eat off the floor now.  This morning I was a lazy butt, except I am implementing my New Year's resolutions.  Slowly and with very low expectations, I assure you.

Right, folks, that's all she wrote.

Next Up: January Jangles

Cheerio for Now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment