Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bookstore Bliss

Good Evening My Dears,

The weather in Edinburgh has been a delight of late with blue skies and mild temperatures in abundance.  What this really means, of course, is that I have only had to use my umbrella once in the last 5 days.  That must surely be some sort of record for Edinburgh.

When last I wrote, I had lost my job with Standard Life and was revving up to look for another job.  While I am still doing that, I have expanded my search for work to places like London and Amsterdam.  After all, with the Greek passport Europe (workwise) is my oyster.  Of course, with the Greek passport comes grave concerns, as we Greeks aren't really that well regarded by the rest of Europe.  In the meantime, as there have been no interviews, or even calls for interesting jobs.  I have renewed my attempts to go on the dole.  To that end, I have an interview for Job Seeker's benefit on Tuesday.

In other news,  I have taken to skulking about  Pulp Fiction, a genre bookstore on Bread Street in Central Edinburgh, where the company is stellar and the WiFi free.  In exchange for allowing me to skulk, I have donated my time to this independent bookshop and can be found prancing about pricing books and keeping my boss kind of organized.  I also sing under my breath when alone in the store.  It works out well, as Steve was involved in musical theatre.

Right, that's all she wrote folks.

Next Up: Harrogate Revisited and a Jasper Jaunt.

Cheerio for Now,

Tina




No comments:

Post a Comment